MANDALUYONG CITY COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
COOPERATIVE MANIFESTO AND AGREEMENT
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
Having in mind that the spirit of bayanihan or cooperation has already been ingrained in the Filipino culture and to enhance its total development is to embrace cooperativism as a way of life;
Realizing that our people's mandate enshrined in the Philippine Constitution calls for the promotion and viable sustenance of cooperatives as instrument of equity, social justice and economic development;
Recognizing that the private sector specifically Non-Government Organization shall undertake the actual formation and organization of cooperatives and create an atmosphere that is conducive to the growth and development of these cooperatives;
Considering that all instrumentalities, branches, subdivisions and agencies of government are called upon to provide technical assistance to cooperatives;
Synchronizing all cooperative sectors involvement in the development planning, policy making and in furtherance of its objectives;
Therefore, in view of the foregoing statements, acting within the purview of the Cooperative Code of the Philippines RA 6938; Executive Order No. 95 and 96, in conjunction with Memorandum Circular No. 93-006 of the Cooperative Development authority, WE, the undersigned made and commit unto ourselves the following Agreement:
Section 1. That there shall be a Cooperative Development Council for the City of Mandaluyong to be known as the MANDALUYONG CITY COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (MCCDC)
Section 2. COMPOSITION OF THE COUNCIL
That the following shall be the members of the Cooperative Development Council:
- One (1) Representative from the CDA
- One (1) Representative from the Office of the Mayor
- One (1) Representative from the Committee of Cooperative of the SP
- One (1) Representative from Cooperative Development Office
- One (1) Representative from Land Bank of the Philippines
- One (1) Representative from Department of Trade & Industry
- One (1) Representative from Cooperative Union
- Three (3) Representatives from MPC (Institutional)
- Three (3) Representatives from MPC (Community-based)
- One (1) Representative from Credit Cooperative (Institutional)
- One (1) Representative from Credit Cooperative (Community-based)
- One (1) Representative from Producers Cooperative
- One (1) Representative from Workers Cooperative
- One (1) Representative from Transport Cooperative
Section 3. A Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary & Auditor will be chosen among the members of the council through secret balloting with the CDA Representative as automatic Co-Chairman of the Council. The Cooperative Development Officer of the local government shall act as the Secretariat of the Council.
The members of the council who are not present during the conduct of election cannot be nominated to any position mentioned.
Section 4. TERM OF OFFICE
The term of office of every elected officer of the council shall be Two (2) years, with the right to successive re-election.
In case of vacancy, the majority members of the council shall have to elect another representative that will be conducted during the succeeding meeting of the officers. A member who is elected to fill in such vacancy shall serve for the unexpired portion of the term only.
Section 5. MANDATE
It shall be the primary mandate of the Council to serve as a mechanism for collaboration, consultation and coordination in the implementation of various programs and projects implemented by all government branches, instrumentalities, subdivisions and agencies for the cooperatives.
Section 6. POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
- To coordinate, harmonize and monitor the implementation of various cooperative development plans, programs and projects of NGA's, GFI's, NGO's, LGU's and the Council concerned;
- To formulate implementing guidelines and create mechanisms to operationalize and monitor the Cooperative Medium Term Development Plan (MTCDP);
- To maintain, in coordination with the CDA, a database on relevant information concerning the state of the cooperative movement in the City of Mandaluyong and periodically mount a campaign to disseminate the cooperative movement's contribution to the local economy and the movement;
- To call to a meeting or fora, in coordination with the CDA, all concerned NGA's, GFI's, LGU's, coop promoting NGO's and institutions, primary cooperatives, leagues, unions and federations to discuss various problems, issues and concerns affecting cooperatives and to recommend appropriate solutions;
- To conduct or assist in the holding of important events, such as but not limited to, cooperative month celebrations, cooperative summits, cooperative congresses, trainings and the like;
- To recognize and promote the observance at all times, the Cooperative Code in the performance of the above functions; and
- To undertake projects and/or activities that may generate funds for its operational stability.
Section 7. MEETINGS
There shall be a regular monthly meeting to be held every third (3rd) Friday of the month at 2:00pm at a place designated and agreed upon by the majority of the members of the council.
A special meeting of the council may be called for as the need arises.
Quorum - The meeting should have a quorum of 30% + One (1)
Section 8. CREATION OF COMMITTEES
Five (5) committees are hereby created namely:
- Monitoring and Evaluation Committee
- Planning and Policy Study Committee
- Institutional Development Committee
- Project Development and Assistance Committee
- Ways and Means Committee
- Electoral Board
Section 9. AMENDMENTS
Amendments to any Sections of this Agreement maybe adopted by a majority vote of the members of the Council present during the meeting called for the purpose.
SIGNED AND ADOPTED THIS 3rd day of October, 2008.
|For: COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (CDA-MEO)
||For: COMMITTEE ON LIVELIHOOD AND COOPERATIVES|
|MARLYN H. ABELLA
||MARIO L. DE GUZMAN|
|Cooperative Development Specialist
||City Councilor - District I|
|For: COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
||For: OFFICE OF THE MAYOR|
|Cooperative Development Officer
||Chief - PIO|
|For: DEPARTMENT OF TRADE & INDUSTRY
||For: COOPERATIVE UNION OF MANDALUYONG CITY (CUMC)|
|MILA I. ROBLES
|For: LAND BANK OF THE PHILIPPINES
COOPERATIVE SECTOR REPRESENTATIVES:
|For: MULTI-PURPOSE (INSTITUTIONAL)|
||MA. MINERVA PAR|
|RTU Kawani MPC
||ONE for Health MPC
||POVEDA Primary MPC|
|For: MULTI-PURPOSE (COMMUNITY BASED)|
|Mandaluyong Traders Dev�t.
||Highway Hills MPC
||San Roque Parish MPC|
|For: CREDIT COOPERATIVE|
|SEC Credit Union
||San Felipe Neri Savings & Credit Cooperative|
|For: PRODUCERS COOPERATIVE
||For: WORKERS SERVICE COOPERATIVE|
|DIONISIO TAMPUS, JR.
|Hawak Kamay Producers Cooperative
|For: TRANSPORT COOPERATIVE|
||DAVID P. DEL ROSARIO|
|HKB Transport Cooperative
||FEMANDA Transport Service Cooperative|