Carmelita “Menchie” Aguilar Abalos
Office Address4/F BOC Bldg., City Government Complex, Maysilo Circle, Plainview, Mandaluyong City
Contact Numbers(02) 8534-1299 / (02) 8532-5001 local 617
First-ever Lady Vice Mayor of Mandaluyong City (2022 to present) and is also the first-ever Lady Local Chief Executive of the City (2016-2022).
At the Vice Mayors’ League of the Philippines, she was unanimously elected National Vice President for Operations and in her term as Mayor then, she was the Women’s Sector Representative of the League of Cities of the Philippines.
Likewise, during her term as Mayor, she was acknowledged by the PLDT with the MVP Bossing Award-Excellence in Public Service and by the Philippine National Police-Eastern Police District with the Seal of Excellence Award for her exhaustive efforts in anti-drugs and illegal activities and many other institutions.
Even before her stint at the Executive and Legislative branches, she was already active in public service as City Nutrition Action Officer of Mandaluyong City (1998-2016); Program Director, Local Council for the Protection of Children; First ever President of the Nutrition Action Officers Association of the Philippines (2010) and successfully served her 2nd term as NAOPA President; Regional President of the Association of Nutrition Action Officers-NCR (2012-2016); Former President of the Kababaihan Kakaiba ng Mandaluyong; 2nd Vice President for International Participation of the Girl Scouts of the Philippines; Co-founder of the Ciara Marie Foundation that extends assistance for medicines, laboratories and other medical needs of children-patients.
She is also co-initiator of the Largest Zumba Class in one location that won for Mandaluyong the Guinness World Records Title and instrumental in the achievement of various awards of the city:
- Green Banner Awards
- Consistent Regional Outstanding Winner in Nutrition(CROWN) Award, CROWN Maintenance Awards, Nutrition Honor Award from the Department of Health-National Nutrition Council
- three Wealth Center Awards (Philippine Model Cities)
- four Selyo ng Kahusayan sa Serbisyo Publiko and the highest award Dangal ng Selyo from the Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino
- Pink and Red Orchid Awards from the Department of Health
- Consistent Best Performing Public Employment Service Office in several categories from the Department of Labor and Employment
- National Anti-Drug Abuse Council Performance Award from the Department of the Interior and Local Government, Philippine National Police and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency
- Seal of Communities of Practice on Child-Friendly Local Governance
- two Presidential Awards for the Most Child Friendly City (Highly Urbanized Category) (2011 & 2017)
- consistent Seal of Good Local Governance awardee by the Department of the Interior and Local Government
- PMAP Exemplar – People Program of the Year (PPY) in Public Sector
- National Kabalikat Award
- National Outstanding Volunteer Award
- Government Best Practice Recognition
- Disability Inclusive Governance Award – Dangal ng mga Taong May Kapansanan
- Presidential Award for Child-Friendly City in the Philippines
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (Full-scope) Certification
She is acknowledged as a firm discipline-instilling leader but with a soft maternal heart